Friday, November 27, 2009

Day after Turkey day marathon training run.

Today I was expecting some minor pain and stiffness and I have none. Well I guess I have no more than usual for my 51 + year old body. I should expect some pain from the 26+ miles but the kicker was the sprint we did 2 miles from our finish. My buddy Sam asked if I was ready to pick it up. I grunted and off we went that lead to sub 7 min/mile pace as far as I could carry it.

That was probably the first time I had done anything at that pace since I had my calf and soleus injury. That injury started Feb. 3rd and actually lasted until June 13th when I finally did my first pain free 10 miler. So I was expecting some pain today.

One thing that was pretty scary was while running we saw numerous deer hunters along the towpath. I read in the paper that a errant shot emptied a swimming pool right in the same vicinity we were running.

I'll probably go out for a few miles tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment