Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

This morning I was just warming up on the treadmill when my cell rang. It was my buddy Sam calling to see if I wanted to do one loop of his race "Beast of Burden" which I am attempting the 100 miler. One loop is 25 miles.
I met him at the start and off we went. We encountered some hunters about 8 miles into the run. They were just inches off the towpath surface and we could see others circling this open field. We were hoping the deer they were after didn't decide to head in our direction.. This even made Superman Sam nervous. We survived and had a decent run that gave me a better idea about the 100 miler.
I try and pick Sam's mind on anything to do with Ultra's. I realize I haven't been putting enough effort in my race nutrition. I'll be tweaking this on all my long runs until I get it right.
I ate way to much dinner and I'm falling asleep as I type. I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Time to stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment