Sunday, December 20, 2009

69 days to go!

I really haven't had anything to report until today. This has been my rest and recovery week and I enjoyed the benefits these past couple of days.

I cutback my running since last saturday early evening. I did a couple of 5 milers on Tues. & Thurs. and increased my weight lifting and stretching. My lifting has been at 5 am and I'm shooting to work one body part once a week.

I did a 20 miler yesterday on the treadmill finishing up at 6:30 pm and started my second 20 miler by 8:30 am. So I ended up with 40 miles within 18 hours. I'm extremely happy because I'm sitting here painfree and gaining confidence.

The conditions on the towpath were very good. There was a little snow and the crushed stone was as hard as concrete. I've been curious on how cold my feet will get so I tried to run in the snow as much as possible. They never once were even chilled. Hopefully that is one less thing to overthink. I will use gaiters over my shoes.

The temps were in the low to mid 20's and a some slight wind blowing. I train on the towpath and it doesn't take much to make it a wind tunnel.

I found out today that power walking on snow does not work ! I was better off walking normal.

So that's my latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment